Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Apple Skills

We have been planning this activity for a while now. Buy one of every type of apple the grocery store has. . . .



Then taste them all side by side, and test each other to see who can name the most from memory. It is harder than it sounds.



Their favorite was "Envy", which I had never heard of outside of seed catalogues. I think they only liked it more because it was more fresh, honestly, though. We may have to do this again at the Farmer's market where there are more varieties. They really had fun. And if I have to feed them a snack anyway, this was a fun notch up from average apple slices, and almost no extra work.



I'm just throwing this last one in here because I can't believe how these two older kids have changed lately, and I wondered if you can see it, too? Kids grow up so suddenly slowly.

1 comment: