Friday, September 30, 2011

Sugar cherry overload

Danny and I had a fun night a couple weeks ago making cherry chip pancakes and watching Winnie the Poo. Thought I would share the recipe if you like that sort of thing.



Here is the basic pancake recipe:
1 c flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 /2 tsp salt
1 Tbs sugar
1 c buttermilk *must be buttermilk*
1 Tbs oil
1 egg

I'm pretty certain you know what to do with all that, so I'm not pounding out instructions. Here's where our pancakes differed from average:

Chocolate Pancakes with White chips and Cherries
Replace 1/4 flour with cocoa powder
Omit sugar
Replace 1/4 c buttermilk with the juice from Maraschino cherries
Add 1/4 c each white chocolate chips and chopped Maraschino cherries

Cherry Pancakes with Dark chocolate chips
Replace 1/4 c buttermilk with cherry juice
Add 1/4 c dark chocolate chips and chopped maraschino cherries

We made both, and layered them:




And one more sugar overload idea. . . . you can use the cherry juice syrup left in the jar to make cherry milk, just like you would make chocolate milk. . . . get the idea?

1 comment:

G-Unit said...

Now that's an idea I can get on board with! I love those things, a friend and I once ate a whole jar! A big jar. That's how I kept this girlish figure. Love you